Sunday, September 29, 2019

September 2019 NC Demos Blog

Welcome to this months NC Demos Blog Hop.  It's Fall and although the weather outside is not reflecting this, Fall has arrived and this month's theme is the Fall and Fall Holidays.  When I think of Fall I think of cooler weather, falling leaves and color- tons and tons of gorgeous colors.  This time of year my sons and I pack into our red pick up truck and head out so of course my idea for this month's theme is that.



So this is my happy Fall card.  I used the Ride with Me and the Snow Front stamp sets to make this card and had to add the pumpkins cause trucks always have to carry some thing.

I started out by stamping the truck on Real Read cardstock and cutting it out I am one of those people who loves to fussy cut so no problem and then as I was looking add it I realized it needed more so I took the Frost White Shimmer paint and added in some details and I wanted the tires to have some sparkle too so I added a drop of black re-inker to the paint and colored them in and of course the tires had to have some bling so I added 2 red rhinestones and my truck was ready to go so then I added the pumpkins which I stamped in black and colored with watercolor pencils and cut out with the Ride With Me matching dies and put it on the background.



The card base is Real Red cut 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.  I then cut a piece of Whisper White 5 1/4 x 4 and using the Snow Front stamp set put in the mountains and ground with Grey Granite ink the trees are in Early Expresso and the leaves were added in Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive and with Real Red I added a Cardinal.  I then sponged the bottom with Old Olive and put the truck on this piece with dimensionals and we are set to go.

The inside is very simple just stamped in some pumpkins and colored them.



I am in the foothills and hoping the Fall will be really colorful here it hasn't happened yet but I did a version of this card for my friends on the coast.


Hope you liked these two versions and will come back again next month to see what will be featured.  Please make sure to click on the next person on the list and hope to see you again next month.  Happy Fall Y'all



Tina  
Lesson-https://stampingkz.blogspot.com/2019/09/september-2019-nc-demos-blog.html
Toni Campana - https://wp.me/p4tAAw-7n
Jo Anne Hewins -  
https://luv2create.typepad.com/my_blog/2019/09/nc-demo-blog-hop-for-september-celebrating-fall.html
Tracie Evans Langley -  
https://thesassystamper.com/2019/09/29/nc-demos-septemb…-happy-fall-yall/







3 comments:

Tracie Evans Langley said...

I love your little red truck, Tina! My daddy drove one when I was a kid and you are right, he was always carrying something! Thank you for participating and making me remember a wonderful memory!

KZ 4 Stamping said...

you are very welcome memories are what we create hugs

Jo Anne Hewins said...

Love your little truck. I'm imagining the Blue Ridge Parkway! Thanks for sharing!