Sunday, May 26, 2019

May 2019 NC Demos Monthly Blog Hop

Welcome to the monthly NC Demos Blog Hop.  The theme for this month is our favorite retiring product.  This was not an easy choice because so many of my favorite items are retiring especially a stamp set that has been in the catalogue for 18 years Lovely As A Tree it is a set I will miss dearly. However, I am saddest about the DSP.  Love it and miss it when it goes.  I am no a hoarder I use it all mostly in my classes and some, well some is just too pretty to use but in the end I make something I can keep.   One of my favorite DSP packs is the Garden Impressions 6 x 6 DSP.  There are so many pretty prints in this pack and I have to say I love them all and it is this item that I have chosen. To showcase this paper I have decided to do a Bridge card you get to use a lot of DSP.


To begin I took a piece of Pacific Point cardstock 4 1/4 x 8 and scored it at 1 1/4, 2 1/2, 5 1/2 and 6 3/4. Fold all the score lines so it looks like this.


I then took a piece of white cardstock 2 3/4 x 4 and attached it to the back this is the area I will be using to write my message.


For the front I will be using all DSP so I cut one panel at 2 3/4 x 4 and 4 panels at 1 x 4 and attached them to the front of the card.


This part was all done and now for the Bridge I cut Pacific Point cardstock at 5 1/2 x 1 1/4 and attached to the front a piece of DSP cut 5 1/2 x 1.  To attach to the card I fold one side flat and closed the other side and attached the panel where I wanted it.


I finished the card with a Salutation and using a new set of label dies that are available in the new catalogue. I added another retiring favorite the Tinted Faceted Buttons, the colors were so great and I could find one to match just about everything I was working on.  I threaded the button with White Bakers Twine and tied a bow and added it to the card.  To add some Bling 3 rhinestones fit the bill and the card was done


With the left over pieces of cardstock and DSP  made myself a bookmark,


I hope you enjoyed this months hop and hope to see you nest month.  Don't forget to check out the other blog posts.

nc-su-demo-blog-hop-a-fond-farewell-to-some-favorites.html

Tina Lesson  
https://stampingkz.blogspot.com/2019/05/may-2019-nc-demos-monthly-blog-hop.html

Toni Campana   https://tonimariscreations.wordpress.com/?p=373&preview=true

Patricia Todd  https://wordpress.com/post/stampinawesome.com/452

Frances Wagner  
https://wagstamps.blogspot.com/2019/05/nc-demo-may-2019-blog-hop.html

Tracie Evans Langley  
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/traciesallaboutstamping/blog?directBlogUrl=/blog/86481/entry/nc_demos_may_2019_blog

Anita Trippi  
https://www.stampinwithanita.com/2019/05/nc-demos-may-2019-blog-hop.html

Image may contain: text



5 comments:

StampinwithAnita said...

Wonderful card and great description. And a bookmark, too!!!

KZ 4 Stamping said...

thanks

Toni Campana said...

I love that paper too, Tina. I still have a bit of it left and want to get a few more cards made from it. Love the bridge card too, I was always intimidated by it until I finally sat down and made one :)

Frances Wagner said...

Great card and directions. I have not made a bridge card yet but thanks to you have the directions.

Tracie Evans Langley said...

What a fabulous card, Tina! Love the colors and the fold! Thank you for sharing!