Sunday, February 28, 2021

February 2021 NC Demos Blog Hop

 Welcome to the NC Demos Blog Hop.  We are here the last Sunday of the month and are so glad you could join us today.  This month's theme is Shake, Rattle and Roll which is a card that has some sort of movement and so I decided to do a card I have not done in a number of years--a Wobbler card.  What is a wobbler you ask well, it's a little plastic spring that gives movement to the card. They are fun to use and they fold flat so they can fit in an envelop and then you open the card it wiggles.

For my card I decided to make a fun fold and used the new Butterfly Brillance stamp set and the Brilliant Wings dies. 


I took a piece of Just Jade card stock and cut it at 4 1/4 x 11 and scored it at 5 1/2 I then cut off a 2 1/8 piece off the top so I had a card that looked like this


I then took a piece of white card stock and cut it at 5 1/4 x 4 then took the Butterfly Bijou 6x6 DSP and cut three pieces 1 3/4 x 1 5/8 and evenly spaced them at the top of the white cardstock and attached the white piece to the back of the card.  I then took a piece of Just Jade ribbon and tied it around the card and a scrap piece of white for the sentiment and cut it out with the oval punch.  I then took another piece of the DSP and using the die cut out the page with the butterflies on it and here is where I used the wobbler.  Ok so what is a wobbler this is what it looks like



I attached one end to the butterfly and the other end to the card stock and the magic begins. This little piece makes the butterfly wiggle and jiggle.  When taken out of the envelope it starts to move right away and a flick of the finger keeps it moving. 




I also made another card also using a wobbler only on the large butterfly.


Thank you so much for stopping buy this month and make sure to check out all the other blogs listed below to see some wonderful cards.  Hope to see you next month in the meantime please stay safe.










7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina - love that wobbler! I just found instructions last week on how to make your own so I am going to give it a try next week.

Tracie Evans Langley said...

Your cards are so fun, Tina! I am going to have to try this wobble thing. Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Very happy cards!

Jo Anne Hewins said...

Those butterflies are so pretty. Great minds think alike!

Toni Campana said...

I love both cards, Tina! I actually have a couple of pkgs of them and have yet to use them ��. They are perfect for the butterflies!

Amy said...

I can not wait to get my hands on this set. It should be here tomorrow. Then the fun will begin. Thanks for the share Tina.

KZ 4 Stamping said...

Thanks so much