Sunday, August 29, 2021

August 2021 NC Demos Blog Hop

Welcome to the NC Demos Blog Hop we are here the last Sunday of the month.  This months theme is "Everything but the Kitchen Sink"  what in our kitchens inspire us in our card making.


When I was little I loved my grandmothers dishes the colors were soft and pretty.  I found out they were Fiestaware and those colors were discontinued.  So I started my own collection and I love how the colors go together and they have influenced my color choices at times. So when planning for this blog hop I looked in my dishwasher.


Aren't  they pretty!

So, I did 2 cards for you using my new favorite stamp set from Sale A Bration,  Delicate Dahlia.  Here are the two cards I have made


One is portrait in Blushing Bride, Basic Black, Just Jade and Basic White the other landscape is Daffodil  Delight, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay and Basic White.

Daffodil Delight and Blushing Bride are card bases cut 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.  Basic Black is cut 5 3/8 x 4 1/8.  The Just Jade and Bermuda Bay cut 5 1/4 x 4.  The white is cut 5 x 3 3/4 and here is where I did my stamping.

I stamped the salutation in black first and then stamped the flower and leaves outlines.  This is a two step stamp set so then in Daffodil Delight and Just Jade I added in my colors and attached it to the card and finished it off with yellow rhinestones.


The other card is Blushing Bride and Bermuda Bay and finished it off with pink pearls.


The inside of the cards I cut white 5 1/4 x 4 and left it plain.

What color choices would you pick?

Thank you so much for stopping by and make sure you check out what the other demonstrators have made and what in their kitchens inspires them, I know I am and I hope you stop by again next month.


August Blog Hoppers
Tina Lesson
Amanda Howard
Tracie Evans Langley












2 comments:

Amanda Howard said...

I love the colors! I probably lean more towards the Blushing Bride card but I am more of a pink person than yellow. I had been resisting the Delicate Dahlias stamp set but your card just might have won me over.

Tracie Evans Langley said...

Tina, I love that you used your dishes as your color inspiration. Your cards are SO pretty! My friend and downline, Rachael, actually wrote a book about Fiestaware and she has me on the search to start my own collection! I think if I was using your plates to inspire my card color choices I would use the red, darker blue and yellow!