Sunday, June 26, 2022

June 2022 NC Demos Blog Hop

 Welcome to the NC Demos Blog Hop we are here the last Sunday of the month and are so glad you can join us this evening.  The theme for this months blog hop is "Cute as a Bug".  I really don't like bugs and my sons laugh at me because if one is in the house I catch it and put it outside.  

So for my card I decided to go with a Dragonfly.  The Dragonfly represent change, peace and love and it seems we can all use a little bit of that right now, especially the love.


The base of the card is Soft Succulent cut 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.  The I cut another piece of Soft Succulent 5 1/4 x 4 and ran it through the Cut and Emboss machine in the Hive 3-D embossing folder and put it on the front of the card.


White cut 4 3/4 x 2 and used the flowers in the Dragonfly Garden stamp set and stamped then in Soft Succulent and then put this piece on Petal Pink cut 5 x 2 1/4 and put in on the left side of card.  

On a scrap of white in Soft Succulent I stamped the Dragonfly and cut it out with the punch and did the same thing again only on vellum.  I attached the vellum piece to the stamp piece and put it on the right side of the card with dimensionals pulling up the vellum wings a little.  I also added three small Waves rhinestones to the body of the Dragonfly.


I also added two more rhinestones to the flower panel.

The inside is simple white cut 5 x 3 1/2 and in Soft Succulent stamped the salutation and the small flock of dragonflies.


I hope you liked the card and please make sure to check out all of the other blogs for some great bug ideas.  Till next month be happy, bug free, and safe.

June Blog Hoppers

7 comments:

Tonya Bowers said...

I love the soft succulent with the petal pink accent. Beautiful card!

Toni Campana said...

Another great card, Tina! The color combo is great 😊

Martinette said...

This is one of my all time favorite sets.

Tracie Evans Langley said...

Tina, you card is so lovely and elegant. What a great idea to use the vellum on the dragonfly! Totally going to try this. Thank you SO much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love the color combination. So soothing!

KZ 4 Stamping said...

Thank you all so much

Jo Anne Hewins said...

What a pretty soft card. I love that you used the vellum for the wings. They are quite striking. Thanks for sharing.