Sunday, January 29, 2023

January 2023 NC Demos Blog Hop

 Welcome to the NC Demos Blog Hop we are here the last Sunday of the month and are so glad you could join us this evening. The theme for January is Life is a Mask-querade.  So the card we make tonight has to use the Masking Technique.

The directions for masking are

1. Stamp the image you want in front first.

2. Stamp the same image onto a post-it note and cut it out.

3. Place the post-it note on the top of the first image.

4. Next, stamp the next image you want on top of the post-it note and that image will look like it is behind the first stamped image, it adds dimension to you artwork.

So for my card today I picked the Cup of Tea stampset.


My card is Crushed Curry cut 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4.  I cut the Tea Bouquet 6 x 6 DSP 5 1/4 x 4 and adhered it to the front of my card then I took a piece of white 5 x 3 3/4 and began my stack of cups.  The first cup was stamped in crushed curry then I stamped it on a post-it note and cut it out and placed it over the stamped piece and stamped my next cup in Garden Green masked cup again and stamped in Calypso Coral.







And I continued this way until I got it the way I wanted it. And I then finished the card with embellishments.  I also made another variation where instead of the cups being on white I cut them out and put them on black and then cut the black out  to mask the cups and put that on a card.


I hope you will try this technique it is a lot of fun.

Thank you so much for stopping by and please make sure to visit the other wonderful demonstrators to see how they have used masking on their works of art.

Be safe and hope to see y'all next month.










4 comments:

Toni Campana said...

This is a great card to show the masking technique, Tina :) I'm going to have to pull it out again and try it.

Jo Anne Hewins said...

Pretty card, Tina. Great directions, too!

Laurie Meier said...

Tina - Great card! Love how you used the stamp set and the masking technique. Your directions were awesome!

Tracie Evans Langley said...

I love your bright and cheerful card, Tina! Thank you for sharing!