Sunday, May 26, 2024

May 2024 NC Demos Blog Hop


Welcome to the NC Demos Blog Hop.  We are here the last Sunday of each month and are so glad that you can join us this evening.  The theme for this month is the new 2024-2026 In Colors and added to that is a coloring challenge.  Love to color and this evening I am going back to techniques I have not used in a long time.

I decided that I would use the Stampin' Write Markers and the Blender Pens and it gave me a  chance to use all 5 new  InColors.


I started with a piece of Basic White cardstock cut 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.  This piece I put on the side for now and cut a piece of Basic White 5 1/4 x  4.  This piece I ran through the Cut and Emboss machine in the new Dashing Designs 3D embossing folder and glued it to the front of my card. 

I then die cut 3 circles also in white from the Spotlight on Nature dies, these are just gorgeous with the different styles you can chose from.  I stamped everything in Black Staz On ink and was ready to color.


I first colored the stems with the Sky Shamrock marker then for the leaves I put some of the marker on a clear block and used the blender pen to pick up the color and color in the leaves.  The flowers I did a little differently.  I took the Pretty in Pink marker and colored in the dark areas and then took the blender pen and moved the color to the edge of the flowers and added more color where it was needed.


 For coloring the butterfly I put the color again on a clear block and with the pen added the colors Petunia Pop, Summer Splash and Peach Pie. Making sure to clean the pen before using the next color.  I then glued the flower circle to the card and added the other two circles with dimensionals.

To finish the card I added 3 White Pearls in three sizes and card was finished. I then decided that I would add this card to one of my June classes.


Thank you so much for stopping by this month and please visit all the other blogs listed to get some great ideas for the new InColors.  Till next month by safe and stamp on.

May 2024 Blog Hoppers
Tina Lesson 
Laurie Meier
Jo Anne Hewins 
Kelly Taranto - The Late Night Stamper
Frances Wagner 
Martinette Horner Happy Notes Crafts
Tracie Evans Langley - the Sassy Stamper

7 comments:

Jo Anne Hewins said...

Love your card. The three circles look great! Your coloring looks fantastic!

Kelly from TheLateNightStamper.com said...

Such a simple and stunning card! You're pop of color with the In-Colors is such a gorgeous way to show off these amazing colors.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Card.

Anonymous said...

Tina, I love the white on white with the pop of color. I just got those dies and can't wait to use them. Thanks for the inspiration. Frances

Tracie Langley said...

Lovely card, Tina! Thanks for sharing!

KZ 4 Stamping said...

Thanks everyone for your comments and so glad you liked the card

Laurie Meier said...

Tina - Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the textures that you added with the embossing folder and the dies. Your coloring is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing!